PTO SPECIAL EDUCATION REPRESENTATIVES –
Nicole Galano and Kim Bravo-Ferrer
We are here to support the Royle community and to be an active member of the CDSP Special Education Subcommittee. To support the school community, we along with Shira Schwartz, Royle’s Special Education & Student Services Facilitator, will act as a resource to our PTO executive board on issues related to special education, help them examine opportunities for inclusion, and provide support for parents of children with special needs. As a member of the Special Education Subcommittee, we will help to identify any district-level issues that may need to be escalated to CDSP, administration, and/or the Board of Education as guided by CDSP’s mission statement.
Our committee goals are as follows:
- Provide monthly input to PTO Chairs, Dr. Mullin and Ms.Torre regarding ongoing special education issues within the district.
- Method of providing input to be determined with PTO Chairs.
- Evaluate PTO sponsored programming to identify opportunities to improve inclusion of all students.
- Work with relevant PTO Committee Chairs to build inclusion/community as directed by PTO Chairs.
- Work with CDSP Special Education Subcommittee to identify common issues and share best practices at monthly meetings
- Give any relevant feedback to CDSP Special Education Chairperson during the Board of Education budget process.
- Work with SESS facilitators/administration to address building-level issues as appropriate and build community